Pediatric Craniosacral Therapy for Infants and Children
Giving a child craniosacral therapy can make a difference in their lives early on.
As mentioned earlier, BCST is a gentle hands on healing modality that is guided by the flow of the cerebrospinal fluid, the liquid that surrounds the brain and spinal cord. Just like blood, it circulates continuously and can be sensed as a pulsation in well trained hands. Where the body has limited motion, the pulsation is lessened and gives us a map of where to work. As a therapist, I encourage mobility, circulation and nerve conduction with very light touch to help fine tune your baby's perfect little body.
Some babies come into the world with big stories that need to be listened to. I allow them to share these with us, give them permission to express and unfold, creating a greater sense of well being.
Many parents seek out Craniosacral Therapy for breastfeeding, sleep, and developmental issues, traumatic births, colic or digestive concerns, torticollis, or cranial malformation. Many families find that babies that receive the work sleep better, breastfeed and digest more efficiently, and can be generally happier.
It has been shown that regular BCST over time can:
- Settle the 'field' which gives a feeling of safety and coherence to baby
- Improve cranial nerve connections in the brain and central nervous system that enhances well-being
- Improve breastfeeding and nursing
- Improve maternal bonding and attachment
- Correct developmental issues
- Improve coordination and cognitive function
- Resolve imprinted patterns from difficult birth/gestation
Childhood conditions that may benefit from pediatric craniosacral treatments:
- Inability to latch or nurse
- Colic and fussiness
- Recurring ear infections and pain
- Cranial malformations and compressions
- ADD and ADHD
- Early ICU and hospitalizations
- Breathing irregularities
Rates and fees
- Infants and children $85 per hour session. Sliding scale offered.
- Additional charges for offsite travel as available
To schedule an appointment, please call 707-480-3646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.